Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Stuffed chicken breast

Thanks to Pinterst I came across this recipe from Kayotic Kitchen. She called it Kaytucky Chicken. Very Cute name. I couldn't help but try it. Schuyler loved this recipe, and I ended up with his full permission to try any kind of recipe I found on Pinterest.

I will give you the Becky version of this recipe. I took her basics and made them my own.

Cream Cheese: 8oz
Sour Cream: 4oz
Bacon: 1 package
Puff pastries: (one 1/2 of a sheet for each chicken breast) (a box of 4 should be sufficient) 
Chicken Breast: 6 medium sized breasts
Salt: to taste
Pepper: to taste
eggs: 2

I fried up the bacon and preheated the oven to 400 Degrees F.
In a large bowl I started mixing the cream cheese and sour cream together (like I do for my Cheese Ball).
I realized I hadn't bought any onions or parsley for color, so I had to do without.
I cut up the bacon into pieces and added it to the mixture.
I took the beautiful chicken and cut a slit into the middle, but did not cut all the way through.
I spooned the filling mixture into the slits.
I lightly salted and peppered chicken.
I took my thawed pastry puff and worked them out so they would cover the breast.
I beat the eggs and spread them onto the pastry edges (it works like glue).
I wrapped the pastry around the chicken breasts being sure to use the egg on the edges.
I put them onto a cookie sheet covered in Tin-Foil that was sprayed with Pam.
The little bundles then went into the overn for 30 mins.
Be sure they are lightly brown on top it will be a good indicator they have cooked the right amount of time.
Once they were out of the oven I let them rest for 5 mins to cool down a bit.
We cut into them and found they were perfectly moist.
So easy and simple!
I loved it and I hope you will too.

If you would like to check out the recipe I used as my inspiration it can be found here.
Once you've tried it yourself let me know what you think!

NOTE: I'd like to thank Kayotic Kitchen for the inspiration. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment