Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Herring bone braid

This braid has recently become a favorite because it doesn't fray like a regular low braid does. I have layers and the little ends start to poke out after an hour. But with this one they stay put even of I braid it while it's dry. I also find it easier to do this braid over my shoulder because my arms get waaaay tooooo tired when I try to braid it down my back.

Here we go:

Separate hair into 2 sections.

Take a small section of hair on the far side of the right hand piece and cross it over to the left hand section.

Take a small piece of hair from the left hand section and cross it to the right hand section.

Keep braiding all the way down this way. Keep the pieces small that you're crossing over or it will look like a regular braid.

Once you get to the bottom secure it with a tie. I move the tie down towards the ends about 1/4 of an inch further after I secure it.

I then move up the braid lightly pulling it "open" to loosen it up.

Ta-Da!

***Note***
The pictures were posted in the wrong order so please forgive my iPod. I will correct them from a computer tonight. Also the two photos of the small pieces crossing over aren't very explanatory and need to be retaken. Which will also be done tonight.
Pull hair over shoulder
Separate hair into 2 sections
Take a small piece from one section and cross it over to the other.

Take a small piece from the other side and cross it over. (it's ok if it's loose)
As you continue down it may still look like a regular braid, but keep going, just remember to keep the pieces you've moving across small.




Ta-Da!


No comments:

Post a Comment