Monday, November 14, 2011

Glitter pumpkins

Hello!
What you will find below is from my life blog. I wanted to post about my first crafting attempt and the rest I'm going to try. So please enjoy. If you like any of these ideas please feel free to write about them and mention me but please dont cut and paste. ~Enjoy!~

Every year at this time in the season I feel myself starting to get antsy. The summer is gone and the outdoor fun has slowed down because of the rain. I start looking through catalogues for places like Ballard Design or Home and Garden. I get excited when I see things I can make. So this year while organizing my own small craft supplies I couldn't help but be moved to action.

I got hooked on the Craftgawker app for my iPod Touch. Then a dear friend introduced me to Pinterest. (If you are not on the site let me know and I'll send you an invitation.) Between these two apps I've been completely awe struck and in a daydream. Every spare moment I find I am stealing away to to sneak a coveted peek at any new posts/pins.

I decided that for my birthday this year I would go small (in decorating) and try only one craft. Being a nanny and a house keeper and an office assistant really has me with limited time. Besides the time constraint I have found that I try to live the majority of my life by the KISS principle. Keep It Simple Stupid. My first craft excursion in a while needed to be small and simple.

I was completely enthralled when I saw all the ideas for pumpkin decorating that didn't involve being elbow deep in goo and seeds. I bought 4 of the cutest pumpkins that were softball size. I snagged some wax paper and covered the counter at Aunt Carolyn's. I carefully placed the glorious pumpkins in a row. My Elmer's glue stick in hand I hesitantly started the project. After 30 mins of glue and glitter I had 4 festive glitter pumpkins. They were even more fantastic than I had imagined! Carolyn was as excited as i was. She asked me to put them in a gold bowl of her's and place them on display in the middle of the mantel. They are perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations (ok so Christmas may be pushing it but I adore them).

They were the start to a wonderful fall and winter season. I can't wait to show you all of the other wonderfully easy treasures I've found and have personally tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment